Many people spend years of their life exercising and eating healthy. They do all that they can to become healthy but for one reason or another, they cannot get the results that they desire when it comes to having a flat and trim belly.
There are many reasons why your belly has a hard time becoming trim and flat. Pregnancy can be one of these reasons. During pregnancy, your stomach muscles can separate which makes it a lot harder to have a muscular abdomen. Another reasons could be that you have lost a lot of weight and you have an excess of skin that needs to be removed but diet and exercise make no difference.
In these scenarios, where a person is healthy but still not able to get the desired results, a tummy tuck might be the answer. Once you know that a tummy tuck is something that you want, there are a few different things to do that can prepare you for the procedure.
Preparing Yourself and Your Home for a Tummy Tuck
- Stop Smoking. This step only applies to some people but it is a very important one. You will need to stop smoking for at least 2 weeks before the surgery and 2 weeks after. This can be hard but it is necessary so that the healing process can go faster and so that complications are reduced.
- Prepare Your Home. A tummy tuck is usually an outpatient procedure which means that you will go home after the surgery and recover there. It is important to have your home ready for you as you begin the recovery process.
- Pain Relievers. Your doctor will more than likely prescribe you a pain killer to help in the recovery process. You will want to have this medication on hand so that you can easily take it when necessary.
- Ice Packs. Make sure to have ice packs in your home. After a tummy tuck surgery, ice packs will help in the healing process and dull the pain as well.
- Clothing. You will want to ensure that you have clothing that is loose fitting so that it can be put on and taken off easily and without aggravating the surgical wounds.
- Shower Supplies. It can be very difficult to stand and shower after this surgery. If possible, a chair to sit on and a handheld shower attachment will help you to be more comfortable while showering.
This surgery is not for everyone but for those who choose to do it, it is important to be adequately prepared. For more information on tummy tuck procedures and other plastic surgery options, contact a center or surgeon like Body Spectrum Plastic Surgery Center - Bruce R Barton MD.